The development of an additive manufacturing application has many angles – from redesign, to process development.
Typically, the development of an application touches one or all of the following activities:
- Part Design
- Part orientation and support strategy
- Process Development
- Material Development
The Additive Minds AM Application Development Program ensures that your application leverages AM to its fullest potential.
Our intensive program offers cross-functional training, consulting and co-engineering specific to your organization. Together, we define the success criteria for your application, which design and process changes are required and will guide you through the development process in a structured and predefined manner.
Review the phases of the program below. Phases can also be performed independently
- Phase 1 – Definition of success criteria: Define cost requirements and part + material performance
- Phase 2 – AM Education: Initial knowledge transfer to cross-functional team. Incl. Design for AM
- Phase 3 – Application development: Redesign your application to production readiness and adapt process parameters to meet success requirements
- Phase 4 – Way Forward: Project report incl. production plan and next steps
At the end our AM application development program, you will have:
- Understood all processes required to develop an application
- Redesigned your application for maximum performance and minimum cost
- Developed an application specific process
- Defined a roadmap for going into production
Our core principles for Additive Minds projects:
- Long term success: We want you to be successful in the long run. This is why we want to not only develop a solution for you, but WITH you and enable your team to be self-sufficient.
- Proven Methodologies: We’ve developed methodologies to rapidly screen parts, develop new design concepts and identify positive business cases. We will share all of our methodologies with you. That way, your AM journey does not end with our project.
- Right people at the right time: We leverage our global team of more than 100 AM Consultants, Engineers and Instructors to make sure you have access to various experts within Additive Minds.
This program is designed to work with key engineering and production stakeholders, such as
- Design Engineers
- Application Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Other Stakeholders for AM development and Production
Innovate beyond your existing boundaries with Additive Minds
Individual consulting for your specific projects and use cases
More than 100 experts worldwide and 7 global centers for technology and innovation
Experience & Know-How
1000 successful customer projects and counting
Working together to transfer knowledge, accelerate development and find solutions