Additive manufacturing (AM) introduces production capabilities, business benefits, and value chain efficiencies that most organizations have never realized before. It delivers new opportunities for mass customization, functional integration, design optimization, and supply chain flexibility and sustainability – but only if the right end-to-end AM expertise, processes, technology, and talent are in place.
This is why a successful AM implementation requires “thinking additively” and understanding how AM impacts all stages of the value chain.
The Additive Minds AM Starter Program puts you on the fast track to success. Our intensive program offers cross-functional training, consulting and co-engineering specific to your organization. Together, we define what is required for a successful AM implementation at your company, how to assess your unique opportunities for AM, and how to best gauge the feasibility of specific AM applications.
Review the phases of the program below. Phases can also be performed independently.
- Phase 1 - Organizational assessment: Assessment of market potential and organizational readiness
- Phase 2 – AM Education: Initial knowledge transfer to cross-functional team. Opportunities and limitations of AM
- Phase 3 – Portfolio Assessment: 2 day workshop on portfolio screening and part selection
- Phase 4 – Business Case Calculation: Calculate cost per part, utilization and output for high potential parts
At the end our starter program, you will have:
- screened dozens of parts and identified the most suitable candidates for AM
- redesigned one of your parts for a maximum leverage of AM
- developed an in depth understanding of production and part cost
- defined a roadmap for the successful implementation of AM
Our core principles for Additive Minds projects:
- Long term success: We want you to be successful in the long run. This is why we want to not only develop a solution for you, but WITH you and enable your team to be self-sufficient.
- Proven Methodologies: We’ve developed methodologies to rapidly screen parts, develop new design concepts and identify positive business cases. We will share all our methodologies with you. That way, your AM journey does not end with our project.
- Right people at the right time: We leverage our global team of more than 100 AM Consultants, Engineers and Instructors to make sure you have access to various experts within Additive Minds.
This program is designed to work with a cross functional team within an organization. We want to engage with:
- Various Management levels, from C-Level to project managers
- Supply Chain and Procurement
- Other stakeholders that are influenced by innovative manufacturing technologies.
Innovate beyond your existing boundaries with Additive Minds
Individual consulting for your specific projects and use cases
More than 100 experts worldwide and 7 global centers for technology and innovation
Experience & Know-How
1000 successful customer projects and counting
Working together to transfer knowledge, accelerate development and find solutions