Dive into the world of additive manufacturing (AM) and master the fundamentals of metal and polymer Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) 3D printing – a proven and trusted technology used to fabricate rocket engines, medical implants, and other complex parts with quick turnaround times, affording true supply chain flexibility.
Specifically tailored for teams with limited exposure to additive manufacturing, our certification program uses a hybrid training approach to offer practical experience in metal and polymer powder bed fusion techniques, while providing a comprehensive introduction to the additive manufacturing process for parts production - from CAD model to finished object.
With support and guidance from expert AM instructors, you will gain the confidence to effortlessly navigate laser PBF systems. From setting up the equipment to understanding the fundamental principles of AM, we cover it all. We'll show you how to work with data preparation software, load and handle powders, and troubleshoot common issues – empowering you to unleash your creativity.
- Comprehensive understanding of various 3D printing methods
- Safety procedures for laser-based Metal and Polymer Powder Bed Fusion processes
- Efficient workflow steps for producing parts additively from a CAD model to a finished part
- Software steps (Magics, PSW/EOSPRINT 2) for a build job file preparation
- Hands on practice with EOS P396 and EOS M290 machine operation
Access to the e-learnings listed below will be provided upon the training purchase. Please complete them prior to arrival for the hands-on training portion at the EOS Excellence Center.
- Getting started with Industrial 3D Printing
- Fundamentals DfAM M&P >
- Safety Briefing Metal
- Safety Briefing Polymer
Upon successful completion of this metal and polymer powder bed fusion program, participants will earn a competitive and industry-recognized certificate. Through collaboration with our instructors, you'll empower your workforce with the expertise and confidence to adeptly navigate PBF machines and associated software, enabling you to:
- Understand fundamentals of Metal and Polymer PBF process
- Learn about end to end build jobs process for 3D printed parts
- Produce remarkable product quality
- Optimize your workflow steps
- Get ahead of 3D printing market trends
- Gain industry recognition
By effectively understanding and incorporating PBF into your manufacturing workflow, you will gain a competitive edge in the ever-evolving world of 3D printing.
Training fee will be fully refunded up to 2 weeks before the start of the training. There will be no refund in case of cancellation less than 14 days prior to the training date.